Carrot Raisin Pineapple Cake
3 medium eggs, farm fresh if possible
1 1/2 cups white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
3 cups cake flour
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon white salt
1 Tablespoon baking soda
1 1/4 cup shredded coconut
9 ounce can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 cup golden raisins
1 1/2 cup shredded orange carrot
1/2 cup walnuts or pecans, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Prepare two round pans with butter and flour. Alternatively, prepare cupcake pans, about 30 cupcakes can be made. Set aside.
- Add the eggs, sugar, and oil to a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients to a small mixing bowl and stir to mix ingredients.
- Add coconut, pineapple, raisins, grated carrots, and nuts to the cake batter. Mix until thoroughly incorporated.
- Pour into pans or cupcake liners.
- Place in the oven and bake 25-35 minutes for cupcakes and about 45-50 minutes for 8 inch layer cakes.
Cream Cheese Icing
3 ounces butter, softened
4 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Optional ingredients: 2 Tablespoons drained pineapple, 2 Tablespoons finely chopped walnuts
- Using an electric mixer, mix butter and cream cheese in medium mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Add powder sugar in stages, mixing completely after each incorporation.
- Add vanilla and beat into the icing.
- Add optional ingredients.
I hope you enjoy your CPR cake.