Peanut Butter Cookies
1/2 cup sugar, preferably raw sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/2 cup peanut butter, preferably natural
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a large mixing bowl place the two sugars, butter, and peanut butter and beat until light and fluffy. (I use a medium speed.)
- Add the egg and vanilla and beat until incorporated.
- In a medium mixing bowl add the flour, salt, and baking soda. Stir to incorporate.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Scrape the bowl as needed.
- Chill the dough about 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Scoop the dough with a cookie scoop or by the table spoon onto the baking sheet.
- Using a fork make a criss-cross pattern, if desired. Dip the fork into the water as needed in order to prevent the fork from sticking to the cookie and distorting the pattern.
- Bake 8- 10 minutes until lightly brown, longer if you prefer a crisp cookie.
- Use a spatula to move the cookies to a cooling area. Let cool before eating, but don’t be surprised if temptation arises. Just be careful, you don’t want to burn yourself.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container.